What should go in my immigration application?

In most cases, your immigration application will have a cover letter from your attorney, your filing fees as a check or credit-card authorization, passport-style photos, immigration forms, and supporting documents. Your supporting documents will always include your past US immigration documents, and criminal records (if any). Also, you will include, birth certificates, passports, marriage certificates, and divorce certificates for you, your spouse, and your children. If you need to prove your “real marriage” for your case, for example, for a marriage-based green card, you will submit “joint” documents such as joint leases, joint bank statements, jointly filed taxes, joint health insurance, letters of support from family and friends, and other documents that show that you and your spouse are married. For some cases, you need to prove the length of time you’ve been in the US. For those cases, you may need to submit tax documents, employment documents, and proof of dates traveled outside of the US.


If you need to talk to an experienced immigration attorney. We’ve helped hundreds of couples traverse the complicated immigration and citizenship process. We would love to help you as well.  Call 617-744-7919 or email hello@cambridgeimmigrationlaw.com to get in touch.